Roast dinners just aren’t the same if they aren’t dripping with scrummy gravy. Here is a fab gravy recipe that is tried on the most anti paleo of grandfathers who just couldn’t tell the difference and kept coming back for more.
preparation time: 10 minutes cook time: 10 mins serves: 4-6
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 2 bay leaves
- a handful of thyme
- 30g ghee
- 2 ½ tablespoons tapioca flour
- reserved juices from a roast
- Reserve the juices from cooking your roast, strain through a sieve and set aside.
- Melt the ghee in a fry pan, add the tapioca flour and cook for 1 minute whilst whisking.
- Gradually whisk in the wine, bone broth and reserved juices
- Add the bay leave and thyme and bring to the boil over a medium to high heat.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until thickened.
- Serve with Roast Chicken
For Beef gravy replace the Chicken Bone Broth with Beef Bone Broth, and the dry white wine with dry red wine.