This delicious concoction was invented by my darling 9 year old son. They are so delicious and very moorish. Substitute the cashews for your favourite nuts. Works beautifully with pistachios, or walnuts.
preparation time: 15 minutes cook time: 12 mins yields: 12 cookies
- 2cups almond flour
- 4 tbsp tapioca flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp ghee or coconut butter softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g dark organic sugar free chocolate
- 100g cashews or pistachios (or any nut of choice)
- mix master
- food processor
- cookie tray
- rolling pin
- baking paper
- cookie cutter
- Preheat the oven to 160°C
- In a bowl, beat the ghee, vanilla and maple syrup until smooth and well combined.
- Add the flours, salt and beat until a soft dough forms
- Wrap or place in a sealed container and refrigerate for 10 minutes
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of baking paper until 5mm thick.
- Cut into your favourite shape with a cookie cutter and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- In a food processor process the nuts and chocolate until it resembles small chunks.
- Sprinkle the chunks of chocolate and nuts over the cookies
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool