This recipe was a staple for me when the children were young and I didn’t have a lot of time. It is quick to prepare, place in the oven and then come back to a done dinner. The best thing is that now that they are so older, this is simple enough for them to prepare for us!
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 35 minutes Serves 4
- 2 medium size sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp duck fat
- 4 fillets of wild salmon skin on
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup tamari
- 1 tbsp seeded mustard
- broccolini lightly steamed
sweet potato chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- To make the sweet potato chips peel and slice the sweet potatoes into 1cm chunky chips.
- Coat with melted duck fat and place in a baking dish lined with baking paper
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Place in the oven
salmon and sauce
- In a small jar with a lid (or a bowl) place the honey, tamari and the seeded mustard.
- Shake well to combine
- Place the salmon in a baking dish lined with baking paper
- Pour the sauce over each individual piece of salmon and then rest in the base of the pan.
- Place in the oven cook for 25 minutes
serve with lightly steamed broccolini
Vary the cooking time depending on how caramelised you like your sweet potatoes or how rare you like your salmon. If you like your salmon well done, make more of the sauce so that it doesn’t dry out during the cooking process.